Tuesday, May 26, 2009

So Long, Farewell...

I surprised my family last weekend and when my mom pulled into the drive way, everyone took a double take when I popped out of the trunk. I've surprised them before, but the execution on this one was pretty impressive. haha I took a quick trip home to help my parents move and kiss my childhood home good bye (not literally, but I could've). Anyhow, we worked hard and fast but managed to stay sane and happy by having some good ol fashioned (no pun intended) fun! It was good to see my fam and thanks to Josh for staying back with the kids so I could actually be helpful...915 Greenhaven, you've been good to us!!

Kacie was clearly surprised after my "grand entrance", obviously happy to see me :)

Nick needs to patten his "gork". He welded his golf club and a fork together which makes for a great wenie roaster. I thought it was hilarious...so Nick.

We hit the jackpot in one of the boxes in storage we were going through and found g ma's old dress we used to use for dress-ups, and of course moms box of sweet glasses...classic!

Posing for "Sr. pictures...oh so photogenic.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

That is great you got to visit. Where are your parents moving to? I will miss that house and the many times we slept downstairs, on the feather beds, and the times we would sit in the hot tub. Good times.

The Sullengers said...

How sad! Where are they moving? I loved your house and remember all the times we watched that dang mouse movie...can't remember what it is called - but all the sleepovers, etc. How fun you got to surprise everyone!

Trish Duffin said...

You guys! I remember that polka dot dress. Too funny! I'm glad you were able to have some fun with it. It must have been sad to say goodbye to your old home. Even I have so many happy memories there. No place was cozier than the Holman's!!! Love you guys lots and think of you often. C ya soon hopefully!

Karen said...

Kacie said you certainly put on a good show popping out of the trunk...wish I could have seen it :) I hear Nick's in charge of the garage sale..oh Holman garage sales were always the best!

Kim said...

Holy cow it suck that things have to change! I feel for you I remember how hard that was for my family. It's great you got to be there and your whole family could help out. I love the picture of you and Kacie how fun. I think I better stop or I might cry. Call

Kacie and Jake C. said...

Love it! So hilarious that I don't even remember picking you up...I was excited okay. I am gonna miss old gray (our old houses new nickname) so MANY awesome, wonderful memories there. I forgot to pull a leaf off a tree to save. ha ha I am enjoying the comments and everyone's memories, makes me sentimental, but I'll be alright :) Love ya!

The Dunns said...

Good Times! I will always think of that house as yours. I remember and loved being at your house, making rice krispies in your kitchen, jumping on the tramp, sitting in the hot tub and then jumping in the snow. Raiding the candy drawer that always seemed to have cinnamon bears in it. Oh and your house was always spotless, clean as a whistle! I am sad I didn't get to see you while I was home but it was crazy busy I know maybe next time.

McArthurs said...

HOld up, what were the dates that you were home? If we were there at the same time, then i'm gonna be ticked.

J & M Squared said...

Seeing you with your sister brought tears to my eyes! You guys are so cute, kind of reminds me of something....