Sunday, June 14, 2009

My House To The White House...CHECK!

Cross it off the to-do list, four days and 450+ miles later Josh just got home from riding his bike from OH to Wash. DC. He had a great time and I can't believe he's hardly even sore today. They stopped a couple places along the way, and met some nice, friendly, and quite interesting people. They definitely had their ups and downs (literally), with flat tires and walking through mud, to 45 mile an hour speeds...crazy! We missed him while he was gone, but we are so proud he was able to accomplish this "feat". It's great to have him back, however I know his mind is already racing, planning the next adventure...who knows maybe "My town to Chi town?" Way to go Josh, you never cease to amaze me!!

To the White House or Bust!


They had a few minor setbacks...


did I mention the killer mountains of West Virginia...


but also some beautiful scenery


Mission Accomplished!

11 comments:

Karen said...

Sweet!!! That sounds like an AWESOME trip! I just got a bike trailer for the girls maybe I should try it :)

na said...

If this was on any other blog I'd probably be surprised, but since Josh used to ask for rides "anywhere" as long as it was x miles away, and also asked if I'd be interested in hiking up the entire east coast once, I find this almost run of the mill. At this point I expect just about anything this side of space and Mt. Everest. How about riding out to Ruby's on the Huntington Beach pier? I'll buy you a shake.

The Sullengers said...

Wow - that is crazy! Great job!

The Hagedorns said...

Wow, what an adventure! Hey friend, Happy Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day with your darling family! Can you believe we are getting so old?

KT said...

I'm so proud of Josh. I rode my bike once. Brian likes to do a cost analysis of how much my bike has cost him per time I ride it. I still have a long way to go to make the investment pay off.

McArthurs said...

Nice job Josh! I think it sounds a little crazy, but kinda cool too. :) Oh and Happy Birthday Karlie~!!!

Unknown said...

So did they wear their shirts? :)

Myklind said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Myklind said...

Josh you are the man. I am jealous. I still want to ride across the country, those plans just got delayed a bit. How is school, Tyler

Tiffany said...

AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

wow! that's pretty amazing! how did he find the time to do that?! Jer would kill to have the experience! way to go Josh!