Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Wigwams, Caves and Bats(...baseball that is)

Being a stay at home mom, you don't really get a "Spring Break", so I decided to take it upon myself and go on an extra long Spring Break vacation! I was able to go home for two weeks, and as always I had a great time with my family. I couldn't believe how much snow they still had and I am hoping it all melts before my next visit! I was a little disappointed that Kacie decided not to have her baby a week early so I could be there to see the new babe...oh well. Anyways, it's just always so nice to be home with my fam, but Josh decided he can't handle his "girls" being away for that long again (I think mostly because he went on a strictly cereal diet while I was gone j/k). Then, when I got back from Idaho, we took a weekend trip to Kentucky. We went to the Louisville Slugger baseball museum and factory, and we also went to Mammoth Caves. Okay, the caves were awesome, but I must say when the grown lady in front of me started to freak out and cry and ended up going back to the bus after only stepping into the cave, I started to get a little nervous. We went REALLY far down tons of stairs to get to the actual cave tunnels. The caves are supposedly the longest in the world (or something like that) and the two hour tour proved to be a little much for Bailee who ended up falling asleep in my arms. The end of the tour was the "Frozen Niagra" which the picture of the stalacmites doesn't do it justice. Anyways the wigwam or tee pee (I don't know the difference) was Josh's surprise to me, and boy was I surprised, cause this was our "hotel". The plaster wigwam "newly renovated" (that term seems to be used more loosely each year) consisted of the original 1930 furniture, a bed, TV and small bathroom. I was skeptical at first but then Josh reminded me of my heritage (Pocahontas is my 14th great grandma) so I decided to suck it up (okay so Josh didn't really say that but she really is my g-ma :) Josh is always keeping things interesting that is for sure, there are so many things I have done in my life that if it weren't for him I would have never experienced, and this was definitely one I will never forget.

2 comments:

Barb said...

How fun Kar! You and Josh have done so many fun things!!

Jason and Sarah Nelson said...

That is absolutely hilarious that josh planned for you guys to stay in a teepee!!! I can't stop laughing.....but you're right, its always nice to be married to someone who keeps things interesting. What would life be like without a husband with a sense of humor!