Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What Motivates You??



Okay, a little addition to the last post of the latest with the Dean fam. First of all, in Josh's words, "He can die a happy man." No, he did not win the lottery, and the Buckeyes did not win the National Championship, so why can he die happy??? Josh got to school and learned that his idol, mentor, motivator, hero, whatever you want to call it, Lance Armstrong was coming to OSU. He ran to the store bought a disposable camera and waited on the front row for 1 1/2 hours. Well worth his wait I must say, not only did he get some great pics, but he got his autograph and a LIVESTRONG bracelet (that's right, Josh is bringing back the bracelet) that he threw into the crowd. Lets just say he was in one good mood when he got home! Well, my motivator is a bit different. It's actually my growing belly that motivates me to get out and excercise. Josh and I ran in a 5K last week, but we signed up to run in the Race For The Cure a couple of months ago. I must admit I wasn't planning on being as large as I am, but Josh said it was only fair that since I was "with chid" that he too should be "with child" and ran the enire 5K with Bailee on his back. She actually loved the backpack and seeing all the people, etc., I don't know if I will be running another race anytime in the near future. However, I just invested in the best invention (actually coming in third after the wet suit and the electric blanket :). I know it sounds silly, but the Belly Band is amazing to run with. It helps the belly not bounce around as well as reduces back, leg, and any and every other pain that comes with pregnancy when I run. I don't know how I ever did without it. Anyhow, I highly recommend it (I should be getting paid for that endorsement or something). Well, I am going home in 10 days and I am sooo excited. I have really had the "home bug" these past few weeks and can't wait to see everyone. That's all from the Deaners for now...until next time...

11 comments:

KT said...

So cool! I LOVE Lance Armstrong. I am jealous!

The Sullengers said...

You look so great and don't even look big as you say you are, but that invention looks cool. I may have to try it when I get pregnant - because I want to start jogging more.

McArthurs said...

That's pretty sweet about Lance Armstrong, and that you got to run in a race. Yay! You're not even big yet, that's so not fair. So yeah, you still haven't came here yet. Your leavin to Idaho in 10 days? How long ya gonna be there for? You'll probs come back to Ohio as soon as i leave. We gotta get on the same schedule! We're going to Idaho June 11th. So i guess i'll just call ya and talk to ya about all this. Haha

Danielle said...

Man you really do look great. you'll have to teach me how to be as tough as you are too! I think that josh actually looks like jacob in this pic. Sometimes i don't think they look alike at all!

Karen said...

Yvonne swore by those pregnancy belts. (she said it was the only reason she could walk at eight months) I'm considering doing a 5K on the 4th of July. Any words of advice?

na said...

I read this, and although I've had a multitude of thoughts, none of them cohesive enough to constitute a rememberable comment.

The Fawson Family said...

you look to pretty to run a race. you should just stand by the sidelines modeling your belly belt.

Zach, Keri, Saylor and Casha said...

karlie, you are not even big and that is cool you got to run in a race. We are running in one on the 4th of July and I can't wait. By the way, Bailey is the cutest thing ever.

The Keeleys said...

Congrats! Mike and I are very excited for you guys. I can't believe how big Bailee got. She is so adorable. Mike talked to Josh the other day and told me you had a blog, so I decided to check it out. I'm sure Mike will be jealous of Josh. Lance Armstrong is his hero too.

The Betitas said...

Hi! Hope this isn't too weird for ya...My maiden name is Dean and Im just wondering if you guys are related to me at all? My grandpa's name is Robert (Bobby) Dean he had several brothers, names...Adrien, Lynn, Roy...maybe another? I cant remember. Anyway, if that sounds familiar at all, let me know:) Thanks.

Emily Dean Betita

Anonymous said...

I'm totally going to get one when pregnant. I love that the 5K was an entire family affair.