Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Brief Holiday Update...

We've had a wonderful holiday season, but as always it's good to be home and getting back into the swing of things. Or I should say, it's good to be home and not sharing our bed with two children!! We spent a couple weeks in Idaho and a very white Christmas...I wouldn't have it any other way! Josh and I took advantage of the bounty of snow and went skiing in Utah the day after we flew in. We went a couple times during the break and we both miss and love skiing/snowboarding a lot.

I was also able to spend a fun night with my girl cousins and aunts in Utah, all of whom I don't get to see nearly as often as I'd like. My family and I went to Mountain River Ranch and took a fun, nostalgic, sleigh ride to our dinner/entertainment. By nights end, we were snowed in there and had to wait to get the okay to drive home...it was quite the experience, but a memorable one at that!

On Christmas Eve, Bailee and Cooper, a.k.a Mary and Joseph reenacted the Nativity. Bailee loved being Mary, and the first thing she said on Christmas morning (after requesting to sleep with the baby Jesus doll), was "I want to be Mary".

We took full advantage of the snow (knowing there wouldn't be any back home) and had lots of fun! Josh and I went snowshoeing and Josh made a snow cave for the kiddies. It was pretty funny when Kacie and I went outside, we bundled up with our hats, gators, coats...the works. Bailee kept calling for me, but was looking at Kacie. I realized she couldn't tell Kacie and I apart in our winter attire. I finally had to take off my hat so she would believe that I was indeed her mommy.

Look out Ramones, our family has turned into a bunch of rockers! Okay not really... not even a little, but we did all have a blast (and neglected our children) playing Rockband and Guitar Hero. Bailee and Coops wanted to join in the fun and sang "Hey ho, lets go" over and over...ah, good times!

4 comments:

Trinette Hayslip said...

It's about time you post an update. Looks like you all had a great time. I am so jealous you got to go skiing. I miss snowboarding like crazy. There is no such thing as good snow or hills here in Ohio.

The Sullengers said...

How fun! Didn't you think it was crazy how much it snowed on Christmas and great ole Rexburg didn't think it was important to plow it...anyway, glad you had fun!

Kacie and Jake C. said...

We did have lots of fun! I'm sooo glad we could spend lots of quality time together. I reminisce often about your two dang cute children; we miss you already!
p.s. how's the spit up coming?

Brad and Ann said...

Thanks for the note Karlie, it made my day to hear from you. Your kids are amazing! Bailee seems as giggly and happy as I remember you always being. Can you send a little of that my way? I think this having a teenager business is turning me into an old grumpy beast! Happy New Year and I hope it brings you and your fam great things;)