Friday, August 7, 2009

Wild, wild west

Our trip out to the wild, wild west could be summed up in three words, family, cheese balls and water. We got our fair share of all three. We had a great time in Rexburg visiting family, and staying with "Grandma Lora". Dad and Nick kept us busy, taking us to the spray park and carousel(multiple times), riding on the scooter, playing with Nick's new dog and boating in Island Park. Grandpa H bought a giant container of cheeseballs and Bailee...okay, and I were in heaven. Bailee ate so many, I thought before we left that her skin was going to turn orange. It's always good to go back home and always hard leave! We then headed to Utah for our Peterson family reunion. We look forward to it every year and since I didn't get to go last year, it was great being able to see all the family that I haven't seen in a while. We went to a water park, which I haven't done in a while and the kids (young and old) thoroughly enjoyed it. Nick pretty much threw me onto the scariest slide there (you know, the one that shoots straight down, and a mega wedgie is inevitable. I had no idea what I was getting myself into, but it brought back memories of the good ol' days when I wasn't such a wimp. Thanks to Grandpa and Grandma Pete for always puttin on a great time. We spent a couple days with mom but as always time flies way to fast when you're having a good time, and the next thing I knew I was on the plane back to Ohio. Even though it can get pretty pricey visiting family as much as I do, it's worth every penny to get to see and spend time with the best family in the world!

This is as daring as my kids would get..the smallest fountain at the park...and lovin it!
border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5367263610893429378" />
So, true to Idaho form, it was super windy when we went boating. There was no one else on the reservoir, but I told myself I came all this way and I was going to ride something. Needless to say, it was very choppy but I held on tight and survived.:) Oh, and that's a thumb's up...

Windy indeed...but again, lovin it!

There's a little cheeser to go along with the cheeseballs. (Don't worry the only thing that ended up turning orange was her thumb :)

Coops and Bai

Connor found a quicker way to get around, thanks to Uncle Ty.

Great Grandma and Bai, two lovely ladies...

Gabe was pretty tuckered out at the water park, luckily grandma was pretty ingenuitive and made Gabe a comfy little place to rest.

Nick's one and only true love ;)

5 comments:

Kacie and Jake C. said...

Good times! I'm glad you said it's worth every penny to visit, 'cause I can't wait to see you in September!

Karen said...

Camille and Bailey have the same swimsuit...we should get together! :)

Garrett and Mindy Sessions said...

I saw your blog for the first time today and about laughed my head off... from the toothfairy to the pilgrim to the turkey. You are hilarious. Your kids are adorable too. Take care.

-Garrett

P.S. if you are riding anywhere near chi town let me know.

Lisa said...

I miss you guys. I just finished reading Kacie's blog too. Sounds like you guys had a fun trip. Nice work getting in the freezing Idaho water. Bailey is a doll.

The Sullengers said...

Idaho is always a blast! And yes, always windy! Fun to get together with family!