Sunday, November 2, 2008

A "Fairy" tale Halloween...




This was Bailee's second Halloween, but really the first time she ever went Trick-or-Treating. The little cowgirl and I walked around to a few houses and she would say "Thank You" and after they gave her the candy, then she'd say "trick or treat". So, she had it backwards, but we'll work on it for next year. She got a ton of candy after only going to a handful of houses, but the funny thing is, she really could care less about eating it. I know, she's definitely not her mother's daughter in that aspect. She'll just take it out, ask me what it's called, organize it, then put it back in the bucket, and repeat. As for mine and Josh's last minute costumes...Josh decided it being "a Dentists favorite holiday", or the "holiday of tooth decay", that he needed to be a tooth fairy
(he preferred to be called the tooth "banker"). I made his tutu and wand and he drew the tooth on his shirt. It was actually quite a challenge to get him to come out of the house, but he was a good sport,,,afterall, he brought it upon himself. A stranger on the street said it best, when he said, "You know it's Halloween when you see a grown man in a tutu!" As for me, I went as Deb (Napoleon Dynamite's girlfriend) straight out of the 80's! My friend was Napoleon and since her husband didn't want to dress up for the party, I was her date :) I got all my garb at the thrift store for dirt cheap, and my favorite was the jelly bracelets and double socks...ahh the memories. All in all it was a "fairy"tale night...haha.

11 comments:

The Sullengers said...

I love that picture of Gabe - he is a cutie - and I loved your guys outfits - you fit the Napolean part for sure! It's always good to see a man that will dress in a tutu! Good for him! Glad you had a great Halloween and got to see family also

Karen said...

Loving the outfits. I'm glad Bailee was a cowgirl. It's good to see there's a little Idaho left you:) I never tire of seeing Josh in a costume! That Gabe sure is a cutie.

Kacie and Jake C. said...

You guys are a crack up, and your creativity never ceases to amaze me. Bailee is a darn cute cowgirl too. Hope you had a good visit with the fam, can't wait to see you guys.

KT said...

I just can't even get over the Tooth Fairy. Please, please, please talk Josh into helping me with a community dental awareness day and wearing that costume for me.

McArthurs said...

Your costumes are great! That's so sweet Josh dressed as the tooth "banker". I love it, and good work on the tutu and wand. Your outfit was totally Deb too, that's so awesome. Before I even read what you had said, i was thinking, holy cow, she looks just like the girl on Napoleon Dynamite! And cute little Bailee, she makes the cutest cowgirl i've ever seen. Good work guys!

The Keeleys said...

We love the costumes! Bailee is getting so big! and so is Gabriel. What a cute family.

Kunz fam said...

That is HILARIOUS! Love the 'Deb' look on you;) FUN costume ideas! Your kids are growing up so fast...

Harper said...

Bailee is adorable! I love her costume, and you and Josh look great, too!

I just looked at Josh and Krystal Muir's blog, and that picture of Bailee crying is hilarious! I did the same thing when I was little, all because some guy in a vampire costume scared the daylights out of me!

:)

The Albrecht's said...

Josh's tu-tu is still making me giggle! Your family is too cute and I still can't get over how great you look after having a baby!

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

what a cute family. Hope you had a great halloween. You really don't have to explain Josh's we all know he likes being a fairy.

Anonymous said...

love the costumes!!