Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!


We ran the Turkey Trot again this year, and it was possibly the coldest race yet. We pretty much run it because after a 5 mile run in the morning, when the Thanksgiving feast rolls around, you don't have to hesitate the least bit when you serve up that slice of pie that is really a serving for 3 people :) We waited for 40 minutes (the race started late) in below freezing temps and it took about a mile before my toes thawed out and I could feel them again. It just reaffirmed to me how much I hate being cold, but also how out of shape I am. Josh decided that the pilgrim costume was a little more conducive to running than the turkey costume he ran in last year and all four of us that ran ended up with pumpkin pies (Josh donated his to some church charity...hence three pies in the pic). It's funny how a little pie can be such a big motivator when you are running (the first 1000 men and women get one). Even though it was cold and I was sore for days after, it is a fun tradition that we look forward to. We had a great Thanksgiving at the in-laws, and as always with the Deans, lots of good food and company! Thanksgiving always helps me to stop and recognize just truly how blessed I am and although I feel undeserving of such abundant blessings I am sooo thankful for all I have been given. Thanks be to God for the amazing blessing of my faith, family and friends!

5 comments:

Kunz fam said...

That is a fun tradition. One of these years I'm going to get my rear in gear and run. Your family pictures look really good. I LOVE your hair you look great!

The Sullengers said...

That is funny that he dresses up each year. You do look great though! We are missing snow, but I like it that way!

KT said...

Aargh! Next time you have to let me know. Brian runs in the race every year and the race goes right by our house. I would LOVE to see Josh run in costume! FYI- Brian didn't even go get his pie this year. Party pooper!

The Keeleys said...

I wish we were in shape to do that. Some day!
We hope all went well for your thanksgiving break. We're sending out christmas cards this year and need your address so we can send you one.
Andrea trying to get them out this week, email her at andrea.keeley@hotmail.com.
Hope to hear from you guys soon.
Mery Freakin Christmas.

Mike

na said...

That Josh kid. Always wearing costumes.